Keys to the Kingdoms
I have fun shattering expectations and metagaming thinking. If there’s a stereotype, I’ll probably try to break it at some point. Here are specific things you should expect to be different from vanilla-run LFR games:
- Enemies don’t level-adjust for your convenience. They are what they are.
- This means you can get in over your head.
- If the party doesn’t do their research or aren’t cautious, they can go places and do things which give them poor odds of success.
- For example, a frontal assault on a god’s stronghold is probably not the brightest plan.
- Don’t despair at a defeat or TPK. (This is a corollary to the above.)
- I usually have a defeat plot path planned, and they could be fun. : )
- Enemies will do crazy shit. You’ve been warned.
- Most enemies will coup de gras if they can, unless they have a reason not to.
- Enemies will have more varied defense stats, similar to Doug’s Eberron game.
- Crit hits or misses on skill checks matter, so share when they occur.